Sunday, June 19, 2011

So Close...


Picture of the Day for 6/16/201. Argh- I was THIS CLOSE to purchasing my tickets to the final space shuttle launch on July 8. The two tour companies that contract with the Kennedy Space Center began selling tickets at precisely noon Eastern time on an online-only basis. I had the websites open and was ready to go. So was every other space nut on the planet since both websites crashed within a matter of moments. I was able to get as far as the checkout on one of the sites before it crashed. It was sooooo frustrating to get so close.

The crash turned out to be a good thing. The tour company I really wanted to go with ended up taking orders manually which meant I was able to call the next day and order tickets. What's weird is the fact that despite looking like all hope was lost, I just KNEW that I would be able to get a ticket and I was right. Yay! I hate the fact that the shuttle program is ending, but I'm delighted I get to attend such a historic event.

No comments:

Post a Comment