Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sons of Anarchy

Picture of the Day for 7/28/2015. My latest Netflix obsession is the television show Sons of Anarchy. It's not for the faint of heart. There are no cute puppies or bunnies or unicorns. If there were, they would be wearing leather and heavily armed. 

I've always been a little fascinated by the motorcycle culture ever since I worked at Yellowstone and saw tons of bikers come through the park. I still have a pin one of them gave me when I rang up his purchases at the gift shop where I worked. 

One memorable experience with the bikers coming through Yellowstone was my first year there when I worked in the cafeteria at Lake Lodge. There was a little bird caught between two window panes and was frantic to escape. The family with two young children sitting by the window knew the bird was freaking out right above their heads, but they could not have been less concerned.All of the employees were eager to help, but our manager told us it was against company policy to disturb any patrons. The bikers came to the rescue and informed the family that yes indeed they would be moving immediately so they could rescue the bird. Wait...I did manage to tie bikers to cute woodland creatures. 

So, back to Sons of Anarchy. I'm fascinated by Katey Sagal's character. She plays the matriarch of a biker family and she is hard as nails- a woman to be feared. I, on the other hand, am pathologically nice. The most I'll do is lob a snarky remark at someone- which I'm sure people find more annoying than fearsome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment