Friday, July 24, 2015

I Know What My Mother Was Doing on Monday, January 15, 1973

Picture of the Day for 7/24/2015. I belong to a group on Facebook for people who lived/grew up in the Valley View 9th Ward (in Holladay, UT). It has been so much fun seeing the old photographs and memorabilia that people post to the site. One former neighbor posted a scan of a church bulletin from 1973 and I was delighted to see an announcement that my mother was scheduled to teach a lesson. It's kind of fun knowing what my mother was up to on the morning of January 15, 1973. Knowing what my mother was like, I also have a good idea of what she was doing the week before that date- preparing the lesson. She loved to teach and she was good at it. She put a lot of time and research into her lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment