Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Protester and a Piper walked into a bar...

Picture of the Day for 7/1/2015. I worked at my downtown Salt Lake City office today and boy was there a lot of activity going on right outside my door. A protester was yelling at the top of his lungs at the entrance to Temple Square. He was earnestly trying to convince the people entering/exiting the gates of the error of their ecclesiastical ways. I crossed the street so I could hear what he had to say. He seemed sincere in his efforts to save souls, but wasn't going about it the right way. People don't like to be yelled at, especially by someone who appears to be a little bit of nut.

Across the street from the protester was a piper in a kilt. He wasn't in full Scottish regalia since it was about 175 degrees outside and it would have been too hot for all that gear. I stopped to chat with him for a minute and learned that he writes children's books and this helps supplement his income. A Scottish tourist approached him and good-naturedly challenged him on his Scottishness. The piper immediately switched from his Utah accent to a very good Scottish brogue. With his red hair, I suspect there's some true Scottish ancestry in his family tree.

Between the yelling and the piping- there was a lot of noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment