Monday, July 27, 2015

Gundersen Home Movies

Picture of the Day for 7/27/2015. My dear neighbors, Betty and John Gundersen, invited me over to dinner. Betty had mentioned she had home movies from when she was a little girl during World War 2 and I had expressed an interest in seeing them. Betty wanted me to bring over my astronaut pictures and space memorabilia to show her two grandsons who (along with their mom Elizabeth) are living with them right now. So it was kind of a show-and-tell exchange. It was such a fun evening! Below are a couple of screen shots from the home movies that her uncle shot during his stint in the army in Europe. The first is a scene from London and the second is of the Statue of Liberty seen from a troop ship as he was returning to the states.


No comments:

Post a Comment