Friday, April 24, 2015

Unhappy Niece

Picture of the Day for 4/24/2015. "Let's go to your husband Rob's concert," I said.

"No, I'm not planning on attending," Chantal said. 

"But it will be fun!" I said.

"No, I had other plans for tonight," Chantal said. 

"We'll only stay for an hour," I said.

"I'd really rather just stay home tonight," Chantal said.

"You don't want to stay home tonight and lounge on the couch," I said.

Apparently, I said enough of the right things to convince my niece Chantal that we should go hear her husband's 1980s cover band, Hot Reagan, play tonight. Only, all of the things I ended up saying were lies. The weather was hideous and it took forever in scary driving conditions to reach the bar where Rob's band was playing. We were drenched by the time we ran inside the bar.

When I looked over at Chantal bent over her phone, typing furiously, I asked "Are you maligning me on Facebook?"

"I sure am," she said. Fair enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment