Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunrise Easter Service

Picture of the Day for 4/5/2015. I thought it would be fun to check out a sunrise Easter service- something I've never attended. I checked out the Baptist church closest to my house and their schedule said, yes indeed, there will be a sunrise service at the church. I double-checked both time and location. 

When I arrived at the appointed time and location, there was no Easter sunrise service to be found. Sigh. 

So, showing absolutely no loyalty to any type of denomination, I drove a couple of blocks down the street where I attended a Lutheran sunrise-ish Easter service. It was a lovely meeting. It was the first time I had attended a Lutheran church so I found the experience very interesting.

I think religion is an endlessly fascinating topic- what people believe and why they believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment