Friday, April 17, 2015

I Found Dori!

Picture of the Day for 4/17/2015. I found Dori! Or I guess it would be more accurate to say she found me!

Dori Johnson was one of my all-time favorite people from when I worked in Yellowstone 25 years ago. She was in her mid-60s and recently retired from being a nurse at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. She was sunny and cheerful, but with a glint in her eye that saved her from being all sweetness and light. She was universally loved by all the employees in the gift shop where I worked. I adored her. Dori was a fabulous hiking partner and routinely out-hiked me even though I was decades younger. We kept in touch after our Yellowstone years and exchanged Christmas cards until about a year ago when I didn't receive one. Given her age, I feared the worst, but it turns out she's OK. I just received this note that indicates she has moved into an assisted living facility. I can't wait to write to her!


No comments:

Post a Comment