Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Listening to Jazz Music in Downtown Disney

Picture of the Day for 12/2/2014. I flew down to Southern California for some work meetings this week. I inadvertently made a reservation at a hotel a few minutes away from Disneyland. When I checked in, I saw a flyer listing the free shuttle schedule to Downtown Disney. I arrived just a few minutes before the 7:00 p.m. shuttle was about to leave so I thought, OK- why not?

As I was exploring all the shops and restaurants in Downtown Disney, I checked out the menu at a restaurant called the Jazz Kitchen. The food looked good so I thought, OK- why not?

I ended up being seated right next to the stage where a fabulous musician called Barbara Reed was singing and playing the piano. She was taking requests so I asked for something bluesy. Barbara complied by singing a song called "Hey Lady, Your Husband Is Cheatin' On Us." It was fabulous! I spent a pleasant hour there eating a great meal while listening to Barbara's music.

When I left Salt Lake City this morning, I never would have guessed this is how I would spend the evening. This is what happens when you go, OK- why not? A happy accident indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment