Thursday, December 25, 2014

Conversation with Missionary Rob

Picture of the Day for 12/25/2014. It's a white Christmas! I didn't think it was going to happen since we've been having unseasonably warm weather and there's been no snow to speak of this winter. There was a flock of birds that greeted me upon arrival at my sister Robynne's house. Seeing them in the snow-covered branches of a tree was a pretty sight.

I always enjoy my Christmases at Robynne's. We open presents, eat the most divine homemade quiche, and go see a movie in the afternoon. 

We also got to speak for about an hour via Skype with my nephew Rob who is currently stationed in Fort Wingate, New Mexico on his LDS mission. This call was 1,000 million billion times more successful than last year's Christmas call. Rob was sick last year and didn't seem to be terribly interested in talking to us. This is a young man who is devoted to his work and loving serving a mission. I think talking to us last year took him out of his new world. This year he seems to have lightened up. We all laughed when Rob said he had to coach his current missionary companion, Elder Butterfield, on how to be more social. Rob is a man of very few words and before his mission, not a particularly social person. Oh, the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment