Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Magic is Gone

Picture of the Day for 10/26/2014. My sister Robynne and I spent the day in Santa Fe, New Mexico. After visiting the Georgia O'Keefe museum, we ate lunch at the Plaza Cafe in the old town square. This is something I have been dreaming about since last year when we ate there and I ordered the Cashew Chicken Mole Bowl. IT. WAS. THE. BEST. THING. I'VE. EVER. EATEN. EVER. I swear the heavens opened and angels sang. I've been sooooooo excited knowing that I would be returning there today.The BIG moment arrived and this bowl was placed in front of me. I took a bite and my reaction was, meh. It was OK. Robynne agreed that there was something missing from today's entree and it just wasn't my imagination. It was still a delicious meal, but it was rather disappointing it wasn't the magical experience I had hoped for. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment