Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shrimp and Grits

Picture of the Day for 2/27/2014. At the suggestion of our hotel clerk, my sister Robynne and I ate at Boudreux's, a Cajun restaurant in Houston. 


At the suggestion of a patron standing in line next to us, we ordered fried grits with Gouda cheese and shrimp covered in an Etouffee sauce. It was life-changing. We ended up eating there three nights in a row (I'm writing this blog entry a week later). 


There was an infestation of birds in this particular location of Houston. You could hear them at the freeway exit and the trees and power lines were covered with them. I made the mistake of parking my car underneath one of these trees by the restaurant. Bad mistake. My car was covered in car poop by the time we got done eating. It was totally worth it for this shrimp and grits dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment