Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Dad, the Threatening Thug

Picture of the Day for 2/12/2014. I'm declaring this Bob and Polly Merrill Week in honor of my parents' 70th wedding anniversary. They were married on February 11, 1944. 

Devoting a week to them is not only a tribute to my beloved parents, but it's also very self-serving. I was looking for a picture from their wedding day to post on this site yesterday, but came up empty. Instead, my search revealed a lot of great pictures which I thought would be fun to post. 

I got a kick out this one. My dad looks like a threatening thug. My mother appears oblivious to the menacing presence behind her. My dad was officially The Nicest Man on the Planet so this photograph definitely is not an accurate reflection of his personality and temperament.


1 comment:

  1. You're parents are the greatest! Love the pictures! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete