Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Challenger 7 Memorial Park

Picture of the Day for 2/25/2014. My sister Robynne and I are in Houston to exhibit at a state-wide speech therapy conference later this week. We flew in a little bit early so we could do some sightseeing. Some space-related sightseeing of course as Houston is home to the Johnson Space Center. I had happened to see the Challenger 7 Memorial Park on a map so I wanted to check it out. The memorial portion of the park wasn't quite as memorial-ish as I expected, but it was a beautiful park. We spent a relaxing hour there just before sunset. 

The trees are filled with Spanish moss. 


The park is filled with swinging benches. I'm thinking all parks should come equipped with these.


We sat overlooking the water. 


A white heron flew in and kept us company for awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment