Monday, February 3, 2014

Mr. Tucker's Aptitude for Beauty

Picture of the Day for 2/3/2014. I was at Inkley's picking up 1,000 photographs I had developed. (I know that sounds excessive, but you've got to take advantage of the 9 cent sale on 4 x 6 photographs when you can!) I was standing in line behind an elderly gentleman who was telling the clerk that since he doesn't drive he'd be making his way to a bus stop and then to the Trax station to get home. I couldn't bear the thought of him spending a couple of hours in the cold so I offered to give him a ride which he was very happy to accept. He appears to see his family frequently, but he does live alone so he was a bit starved for conversation. He chattered non-stop the entire 20-minute drive. Much of the conversation centered on how pretty he thought I was. He said that it wasn't just an opinion. He had been tested by the University of Utah years before and it turns out he has an aptitude for beauty. I LOVE that phrase- aptitude for beauty.

When we arrived at his place, I told him that my price for taking him home was letting me take a picture of him for my picture of the day. I told him I'd mail him a copy of the photograph. He told me to slip in a picture of my beautiful self. Scammer! Doesn't matter how old men are- they still like to flirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment