Friday, December 6, 2013

Bad Christmas Sweater Party

Picture of the Day for 12/6/2013. We were summoned to my niece Renee's place to watch what is possibly one of the cheesiest Christmas movies ever produced- Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage. 


In honor of the cheesy nature of the film, we were instructed to wear bad Christmas sweaters. Since I'm not in possession of a Christmas sweater, I tried to find one at a thrift store, but had no luck. I ended up buying a Christmas t-shirt at Walmart that has actually generated a few compliments rather than the hoped-for derision. Aside from my sister Paula, I was the only other attendee wearing a Christmas-themed clothing item so you'd think my chances were high for winning the prize Renee was offering, but no, Paula was declared the winner. 


Our friend Kelli brought her puppy Jack and he was a welcome attendee at the party since he's so dang cute. 




After the movie, we decorated gingerbread men and my niece Lisa made a Peter O'Toole tribute cookie (wild-looking white hair) and looked wild-eyed as I took this photo. O'Toole played an artist in the film and pretty much looked crazed and wild-eyed throughout the entire movie. I think O'Toole was unaware he wasn't acting in a Shakespearean tragedy. It was awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment