Monday, November 18, 2013

You're Wrong

Picture of the Day for 11/18/2013. I met my niece Chantal and her two oldest kids, Dane and Hayley, for an impromptu outing at McDonald's. We were talking about how Chantal missed out, much to her dismay, on the last five minutes of "The Challenger Disaster" movie that recently aired on the Science and Discovery channels. This led to a discussion of the space shuttle in general. Hayley was asking where the shuttle traveled to and I responded that it remained in low earth orbit at about 200 miles above the earth. It never traveled to the moon (which is a common misconception) because the shuttle was not built for the 240,000 mile journey. Hayley emphatically stated I was wrong about the distance to the moon- that it HAS to be about a million miles. I looked at her incredulously and said, "Really?! Of all the people to challenge on space facts, you're challenging me- the space fanatic?" We laughed so hard over that and gave her a TON of crap. She was a good sport at all the teasing that ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment