Friday, November 8, 2013

Petty, Petty, Petty Revenge

Picture of the Day for 11/8/2013. I was at an office store buying some supplies for an upcoming speech therapy conference when I saw a package of colored Sharpies on sale for half price. I love colored Sharpies! I had to have them! But that's a side note. This blog entry is about how store clerks frequently react to me. When I brought the Sharpies to the counter I noticed the clerk was practically fawning over the customer in front of me. When it was my turn, the clerk became very businesslike and rather unfriendly. This happens to me a lot. I honestly don't get it. I'm always friendly and smile so it's not like I'm giving off hostile vibes. I got a little bit of revenge for the clerk's bad customer service. I noticed she hadn't asked me if I had a rewards card like she had the previous customer so I waited until she was done ringing up my order before I said, "Oh, by the way, I have a rewards card." She was forced to ring up my purchase again and she was NOT happy. It was extremely petty on my part, but it sure made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment