Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Picture Editing Gymnastics

Picture of the Day for 12/18/2012. I've been working on posting the latest You Can Teach Speech Now products to the Teachers Pay Teachers site. My sister/business partner Robynne has observed that the product thumbnail images are blurry which consequently does not entice people to buy her speech therapy manuals. There's only so much I can do since this website does not allow images to be over 200 KB which is a very small image size. Regardless, I've been researching options and even tried downloading a photo editing program. The only thing that has seemed to work to marginally improve the images is to follow this convoluted process:
  • Email the page from the manuals we want to use as a product thumbnail to myself as a PDF file
  • Open the PDF file on my iPhone and then snap a screenshot
  • Save the image to my iPhone
  • Email the picture back to myself
  • Save the image on my laptop
  • Open the image in a picture-editing program to crop out the iPhone header that appears at the top of the picture
  • Save the edited image to my laptop
Phew! It's been a time-consuming process.

No comments:

Post a Comment