Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beautiful Florida/Tacky Florida

Picture of the Day for 12/2/2012. After dropping my brother-in-law Will off at the Orlando airport, I drove to the outskirts of town in the hopes of making it on the last Boggy Creek airboat ride of the day. (Readers of my blog are aware that I'm kind of an airboat ride junkie.) I didn't make it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and the scenery. I spent a few minutes taking in the view on the shores of Lake Tohopekaliga before heading back to my hotel.

Contrast that serene picture with the increasingly tacky tourist attractions lining the roads approaching the Disney World/Universal Studios/Sea World area where I've been staying. I saw this gift shop and was absolutely compelled to stop and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. hey i like tacky disney world universal studios sea world! but yes, this gift shop wins the nobel prize for tacky....it means business..

    ReplyDelete