Thursday, December 20, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

Picture of the Day for 12/17/2012. I decorated for Christmas for the first time since 2008. As you can see, I take a very regimented, non-whimsical approach to decorating. I group like items together.

Ceramic Ginger Bread Houses

Nutcrackers

Christmas Village

Small Nativity Sets/Angels

Santa Claus

Fabric Decorations

Pillows

Just a note about this needlework picture. I embroidered this for my mother when I was 18 years old. I still can’t believe I pulled that off at that age.

It was fun to decorate (in my non-whimsical way), but only to a limit. I wasn’t up for putting up a Christmas tree. Some friends and family carried on like this was a federal offense and accused me of being un-American. My response to that was, “meh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment