Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bear Lake Cabn Birdhouses

Picture of the Day for 12/22/2012. We had our annual Merrill family Christmas party tonight at Robynne's house. Her husband Will has been working for months on birdhouses that are based on the actual building plans from our parents' cabin up at Bear Lake. It's a pretty close replica- down to the "Merrills" sign on the front, the paint color, and even the fake owl perched on the porch railing which was placed there (the real cabin) to scare away annoying woodpeckers. (I've thrown in a picture of the real cabin just so you can see the comparison.) My dad built the cabin in the 1970s and we all have very sentimental memories of spending time with our parents there. Will (with the help of my nephew Robbie) built a birdhouse for every member of the family. Paula's family received theirs tonight and I'll get mine on Christmas day. I'm so excited! What a treasure this will be and it will be proudly displayed in my home.


1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! Your BIL is very talented. His birdhouses are a real gift of love to the whole family and a great tribute to your parents.

    ReplyDelete