Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Zombies vs. Project Runway


Picture of the Day for 1/10/2012. Please note that you're going to have to read through this entire blog entry to see the connection between "Zombies vs. Project Runway" and the following description of my wisdom tooth extraction.

Yes, this is a picture of a clean gauze pad. Just be glad I didn't take a photo of the mound of bloody gauze pads resulting from yesterday's wisdom tooth extraction. I've been soooo smug about the fact that I've never had to have any of my wisdom teeth removed. Sadly, I believe the smug gods heard me and finally decided to teach me a lesson. About a month ago, one of my wisdom teeth broke while I was eating a bagel. My dentist determined the tooth had to be removed since it had broken up into my gums and couldn't be saved. Upon hearing this news, I (a grown woman of 49) burst into tears as I've never gotten over the horrific experience of having six permanent teeth pulled for my braces nearly 40 years ago. Fortunately, yesterday's tooth extraction was a piece of cake. The only problem is the wound didn't stop bleeding for nearly 24 hours after the procedure. The following is a text conversation I had with my niece Chantal regarding the excessive bleeding:

Chantal: So have you passed out or died from blood loss yet? Do I need to come over there and resuscitate you?

Me: I'm alive and well. FINALLY stopped bleeding.

Chantal: Oh good. I had visions of you passed out in a pool of blood. Surrounded by Project Runway DVDs and cases. And you do realize that would have been an open invitation for zombies to come eat you. I'm so glad to hear you escaped that wretched fate.

Me: Phew. I managed to survive a zombie attack yet once again. I'm lucky.

Chantal: This time. But you really need to stop this zombie attraction behavior.

Me: Excellent advice. I will work on it.

Chantal: Yes, see to that. At least you have Project Runway DVDs to hurl at approaching zombies. Those could be useful.

Me: Again, excellent advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment