Tuesday, January 17, 2012

American Movies vs. British Movies


Picture of the Day for 1/17/2012. At the urging of a friend, I finally watched Blazing Saddles for the first time.* VERY American.

Later in the day, I saw the film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Despite being an espionage film- it was extremely low-key and cerebral. VERY British.

I kind of felt like I had whiplash going between the two extremes in one short day. The comedian Eddie Izzard has a VERY funny routine about the difference between American and British films. Warning- if you click on the "VERY funny routine" link to watch the YouTube video, you should stop at the 1:30 time mark if you're sensitive to bad language.

*
I don't mean to be disloyal to said friend, but my favorite comedy from that era (early 1970s) is still What's Up Doc?

No comments:

Post a Comment