Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Load of Hay


Picture of the Day for 12/1/2010. My voice teacher (pictured above), Bonnie Weber, holds an annual Christmas recital to give her students an opportunity to perform in front of other people. My performance was adequate. I was happy with adequate since I've been suffering from a cold that's left my voice scratchy and raw.

I sang a lovely and haunting Christmas lullaby which sadly I managed to turn into a redneck lullaby. I had only practiced the song a couple of times and didn't have the words memorized so I had to rely upon the sheet music. My eyesight isn't the best and when I got to a line that read "the cattle too are sleeping in a bed of hay" I accidentally sang "load of hay" instead. This is what was going through my head the precise moment I uttered those words, "Load of hay, are you serious?!?" I almost started to giggle right during the performance, but managed to compose myself.

I was pleased that I ended up having the largest entourage of any of the singers. My sister Paula showed up with her husband, a daughter, and two grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment