Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Love John Young


Picture of the Day for 12/7/2010. Got my Air & Space magazine in the mail and was delighted to see my favorite astronaut, John Young, pictured on the cover. (In case you were wondering, yes, it is possible to have a favorite astronaut. You have to be a nerd for this phenomenon to occur, however. So don't worry my non-nerdy readers, you're likely not at risk for a sudden astronaut infatuation to strike you.) He's the one who was the catalyst for my fanatical obsession with space which started a couple of years ago. I wasn't even aware there was a person named John Young* until I watched a space documentary where he was interviewed. I was fascinated by him, but it was all over with when I came across this rather dashing picture of him as a young man.


*Actually, I was aware of a John Young previous to discovering the astronaut. My great-great-great grandfather is John Young, older brother to Brigham Young. I don't mean to speak ill of a relative, but clearly he's not quite as dashing as John Young the astronaut.

No comments:

Post a Comment