Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010


Picture of the Day for 12/25/2010. Since I've been blogging about unsavory topics this month (i.e., creepy angel, naughty Christmas ornaments), why should Christmas be any different? I spent Christmas morning at my sister Robynne's house. This is a rather unsettling photo of their cat, Paris, who likes to lurk inside the Christmas tree. Below is the aforementioned tree (looking far less sinister than in the picture above) surrounded by tons of presents.


I had a VERY lovely time at Robynne's. Santa was able to find me there which was much appreciated. That Santa is a smart fellow. After opening presents and eating breakfast, we saw the movie The King's Speech. Excellent film. That's definitely a "need to own" movie.

My dad and I spent Christmas evening at my sister Paula's home where we also had a VERY lovely time. I was telling Paula's family about an astronaut biography a friend had sent to me mere moments before opening a present from them that contained that exact book. Oops. Wish I had kept my mouth shut, but who would have guessed that would happen.

In the parlance of my nieces, if you receive a gift that makes your head explode, that's a good thing. It means it was an excessively fine gift. ALL of the gifts I received were excellent of course, but the two pictured below did make my head explode. Both are associated with past and present obsessions.

My niece Renee gave me a recently published graphic (as in illustrated- not naughty) novel that depicts the first 1/3 of the novel Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. After reading this novel for the first time in the mid-1990s, I became so obsessed with Scotland that I even made a pilgrimage there in 1997 where I convinced the tour guide to detour the bus to Inverness, one of the significant locations in the novel. As readers of my blog are aware, my current obsession is with space. My brother-in-law Will picked up this collector plate commemorating the first moon landing at an antique store for me. Nicely done.

Below is a picture of Paula's dog Joey, exhausted from all the holiday festivities. I know how he feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment