Friday, August 21, 2015

That's Not the Life I'm Choosing for Myself

Picture of the Day for 8/21/2015. My friend and neighbor, Susan Williams, has two daughters who are into health and fitness and have a Facebook page called Strong Fit Mamas that I love to visit. They post exercise videos, recipes, stories of their struggles/adventures as the mothers of small children, and inspirational quotes. The one pictured below really struck me. Obviously it is geared to making good food choices, but there's a larger meaning for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not choosing anything in my life (aside from my fun adventures). In terms of my day-to-day life, I'm so busy that I'm just hanging on for the ride. 

Take a look at my messy living room, for example. This is not how I like to live, but I haven't managed to have every room in my house clean all at the same time since Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment