Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Gaamali Collins

Picture of the Day for 8/11/2015. I drove down to Farmington, New Mexico with my sister Robynne and brother-in-law Will to pick up my nephew Rob who is now done with his 2-year mission to the Four Corners region. Rob spent the majority of his mission on the Navajo reservation and we'll be spending the next few days traveling around the reservation visiting the places and people Rob loves. It was sweet reunion with his parents. I was happy to see him too!
 
Missionaries to the reservation get a special "unofficial" badge at the end of their tenure. Instead of saying "Elder" (Mormon-speak for missionary), the badge says "Gaamalii." Rob says it translates loosely into Mormon-God Whisperer-God Mumbler. I particularly liked God Whisperer. It's both an apt and poetic description for the missionaries and what they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment