Monday, November 24, 2014

There's Still Plenty of Room!

Picture of the Day for 11/24/2014. My niece Chantal made a mistake when she asked me to come over to help her family decorate their Christmas tree. I was initially only assigned to hang the Star Wars ornaments, but I quickly expanded my role when I realized they weren't making full use of the inner branches of the tree. That's where the heavy ornaments should go which leaves room for the lighter ornaments on the outer branches. (Yes, I totally sound like my engineer father Bob Merrill.) My constant refrain of "there's still plenty of room" quickly became the joke for the night. I had Chantal and her girls scrambling to hand me ornaments until there were no more ornaments left to hang. Chantal claims that the tree was begging for mercy, but my claim is that the tree is happy it is being used to its fullest potential. I'm right, of course, like I always am.

No comments:

Post a Comment