Monday, November 17, 2014

Back to Work

Picture of the Day for 11/17/2014. A couple of months ago I blogged about the prophetic fortune cookie that correctly predicted a refreshing change in my future. What I was not at liberty to announce back then is that I've returned to my consulting job. My former employer reached out to me in September and asked if I would be interested in returning to work. I said "Yes!!" I flew down to California for an informal interview on Monday, October 6 and I was offered the job on Friday,  October 10. Yay! Here are all the perks:

-I'll be working for the Southern California region which is my favorite. When I was interviewing, I was asked several times if I would mind traveling to Southern California frequently for company and client meetings. I'm delighted to!

-I get to work remotely from Salt Lake City so I don't have to move. The only stipulation is that I go into the Salt Lake City office at least once a week; otherwise, I get to work from home.

-I was quite pleased with the salary I was offered.

-I get all my 16 years of service back so I don't have to start from square one.

In case you are wondering, I'm not giving up on Teach Speech Now. Just scaling back.

Today was my official starting day. Since I'm working remotely, I don't merit an office, but the cubicle I've been assigned is fabulous. Here is the view out my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment