Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Firefox

Picture of the Day for 11/25/2014. My niece Chantal and her husband Rob, knowing how much I love aviation history, thought I would enjoy the 1982 movie Firefox and rented it for me. It's about a U.S. Air Force pilot played by Clint Eastwood who is sent over to the Soviet Union to steal their latest spy plane. Rob and Chantal were right- I was the right audience for this movie as I know enough about planes to recognize that the Soviet aircraft looked like our own SR-71 reconnaissance plane. I enjoyed the movie, but I realized I've gotten used to today's faster-paced action movies. I kept on watching Firefox and watching it some more and then come back to it another day and watched it some more and I never seemed to get to the end of the movie. I laughed when I looked up the running time to see it was only 2 hours and 16 minutes long. On a random note- I marveled that Clint Eastwood was exactly my current age when he was making this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment