Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Lone Thanksgiving Decoration

Picture of the Day for 11/23/2014. I just put out my Thanksgiving decoration. No, that wasn't a typo. I meant decoration in the singular rather than plural. This harvest scarecrow is my lone decoration. That's just sad. As part of a family that enthusiastically celebrates holidays into the ground, I need to up my Thanksgiving decorating game or I'll lose my Merrill family membership card. 

I wish I could find my mother's Pilgrims that she created out of old Reader's Digest magazines when I was a little girl. I can still remember her folding page after page after page to create the bodies. Once she was done with that, she spray painted the bodies black and attached paper arms and styrofoam heads. They are decorations that only a fond daughter would treasure. I did a Google search for the pattern and this is the closest thing I could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment