Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Visiting the Port of Long Beach and the Queen Mary

Picture of the Day for 7/12/2013. Our speech therapy conference ended at 5:00 p.m. today so we had the whole evening to explore Long Beach. I drove in a loop past the Port of Long Beach's docks several times. This was fine with Robynne until I started taking pictures while driving- an activity she does not approve of as long as she's a passenger in the car. I think I have my dad's engineering soul. I was totally fascinated by the stevedores and the hundreds of cargo containers stacked on top of each other and the extremely steep bridge you drive over to get to the docks. You should check out this website for interesting facts about the port: http://www.polb.com/about/facts.asp













Afterward, we ate dinner at the Promenade Cafe aboard the Queen Mary where I had the most divine macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten.




























No comments:

Post a Comment