Sunday, July 21, 2013

Arne's Royal Hawaiian Motel

Picture of the Day for 7/16/2013. Headed back to Utah and stopped for gas in Baker, CA- a tiny, tiny, tiny town 90 miles southwest of Las Vegas, NV. From the gas station I thought I spied a sign for a "royal Hungarian" motel which I was compelled to investigate in order to answer the age-old question, "what does a royal Hungarian motel look like?" It turns out it was Arne's Royal Hawaiian Motel. Even better! Normally you don't associate the name Arne with anything Hawaiian. Apparently, most tourists didn't either since the place was derelict and abandoned. I googled the motel and it was in business as of 2010- just barely. The motel had received the most scathing and wretched reviews on TripAdvisor.com I've ever seen. Wonder what Arne's up to now. I'm kind of hoping he has plans to open up a royal Hungarian motel. I'd stay there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment