Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Resume Day


Picture of the Day for 12/5/2011. Today was Resume Day. I had composed a quick, high-level resume (my first in 20 years) a few weeks ago, but I needed to flesh it out to accurately depict all my work/accomplishments over the past 16 years. I loaded Microsoft Office to my laptop and then spent several hours poring over a 200-page time entry summary (encompassing several years) I had printed out before my last day of work. It jogged my memory about a lot projects I had forgotten about. After that, it took me a few hours to decide what items to include/exclude, how to phrase my bullet points, and how to organize my topics. Phew- at least I've got a good working draft. One of my severance benefits is a 3-month subscription to a career transition services company. One of the services they provide is resume review/critique. I'm hoping I can get their feedback on my resume draft ASAP since I have two interviews this week.

1 comment:

  1. your resume is going to be awesome, i'm sure! i hope the interviews go well! :)

    ReplyDelete