Friday, December 2, 2011

Farewell


Picture of the Day for 11/30/2011. As I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry, our entire office (consisting of 10 employees) was let go. Today was our last day. We had a nice farewell lunch and you can tell by the photo everyone was in good spirits. The mood changed around 5:00 p.m. when people started to leave. Then it turned into a big cry fest. We've all been working with each other for about 15 years so we are not only losing our jobs, but our daily association with people who have become like family.

It took longer than I anticipated to clean out my email, my network files, and my office so I didn't leave until shortly before midnight. My dear friend Richard was working late as well. Just before we left, we spent a few minutes looking out the window at the Christmas lights on Temple Square. Not a bad way to end the last day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment