Thursday, January 10, 2019

Asbestos-Palooza

Picture of the Day for January 10, 2019. So, I've got a slow leak going from my upstairs bathroom into the downstairs hallway and bathroom. I reached out to my insurance company and they called their company that deals with issues like this to come out to my house and take a look. They took samples from the downstairs ceiling tiles and the upstairs bathroom floor tile (picture below). As suspected, it's asbestos-palooza in my mid-century modern house. I knew this would be the case since my father was an acoustical engineer and used acoustical ceiling tiles made of asbestos that he obtained from his job when he built the house. Acoustical ceiling tiles upstairs in every room. Acoustical ceiling tiles downstairs in every room. Oh joy. I was surprised that the bathroom tile from the 1980s has asbestos too. Even more joy. I have a feeling that getting this situation resolved will be a loooong adventure. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment