Sunday, January 25, 2015

Aquarium of the Pacific

Picture of the Day for 1/25/2015. I spent several happy hours today at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California. Here's what I saw.

Giant sea bass
Colorful fish. The pink fish are male while the orange ones are female.
More of the colorful fish. I was captivated by the bright colors.
Stingray #1
Stingray #2
Cownose rays
Starfish and sea anemones
Jellyfish
Lorikeets who perched on my arm to drink nectar. The one closest to my hand actually landed on my head and climbed down my hair to get to my arm. I think my red hair (which looked particularly bright in the sun) attracted the bird.

Palm trees seen from the outdoor lounge that had the most comfortable 
couches where I fell sound asleep for an hour. I only got two hours of 
sleep last night so I was wiped out. I just hope I didn't drool or snore!

No comments:

Post a Comment