Monday, July 7, 2014

Air Conditioning Woes

Picture of the Day for 7/7/2014. It’s about 1,000 degrees here in Salt Lake City and has been for about the past week. Naturally, my air conditioning unit decided it wasn’t up to the task of dealing with the extreme heat. It’s been a hot few days in my house and I’ve had fans running in my living room and bedroom. I had a service company come out today and they quickly diagnosed my problem. My unit was completely encased in ice because it hadn’t been getting enough air flow due to the fact it had been six months since I had changed my filter. Oops. I had to turn off the air conditioning for about 6 hours to let the ice melt and then turn it back on (with a clean filter installed) to see if that fixed the problem. It did. I’ll have to program an alert in my phone to give me a heads-up when it’s time to change the filter. It’s just something I don’t think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment