Monday, April 15, 2013

Unsubscribe! Now!

Picture of the Day for 4/9/2013. I sent out that mass marketing email I discussed in yesterday's blog entry. At the bottom of the email I provided the following instructions for anyone not wishing to receive any further emails from us:

"We'd like to send periodic updates to you. If do not wish to receive any further emails from us, please respond to this email and enter UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line."

I expected to receive some "unsubscribe" emails since not all the people on our contact list come from our target audience of school speech therapists. I did not expect to receive the strongly-worded "UNSUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!" shown in the picture of my email in-box below. I guess this woman has VERY strong opinions about her indifference to us!

The sting of this dismissal was offset by a very lovely email we received from a woman who won a free book from us at the 2012 AHSA conference in Atlanta. We spent quite a bit of time talking to her last November so of course I remembered who she was. Her email also reminded me how much a thoughtful note like this can brighten someone's day.







No comments:

Post a Comment