Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jupiter Lighthouse

Picture of the Day for 4/16/2013. Visited the Jupiter Lighthouse (built in 1860) which is located in Jupiter, Florida (hence the moniker Jupiter Lighthouse). You might think this is an unnecessary clarification, but I mentioned to a friend that I had visited the Jupiter Lighthouse and she asked where it was. Um...in Jupiter.

I've been trying to visit this landmark during my past several trips to Florida, but had never been successful so I was glad to finally get there.





View from the top of the lighthouse.


Inside the lighthouse lantern.

Outside the lighthouse lantern. There was an interesting optical illusion when you leaned back against the rail and looked up at the lantern. It appeared the lighthouse was moving and just about to topple over on you. That was cool. I tried it several times. 


Walking up the lighthouse stairs.


Walking down the lighthouse stairs.





No comments:

Post a Comment