Monday, February 13, 2012

Food Documentaries


Picture of the Day for 2/12/2012. I'm an Amazon Prime member which means I get access to a ton of free videos online. I've become obsessed with watching documentaries about food. (If you don't want to know about the deplorable conditions under which chickens, pigs, and cows are raised for the American food market, I suggest you avoid watching Food, Inc.) My friend Suzanne mentioned Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead so I promptly watched it. It's about an Australian entrepreneur who spent 60 days traveling across America while on a doctor-supervised juice fast. In his travels, he encountered a morbidly obese truck driver from Iowa who accepted an offer of help to lose weight. The 2nd half of the documentary focused on the truck driver who lost about 200 pounds and completely changed his life. I don't intend to go on a juice fast anytime soon, but the movie was pretty inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment