Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Entryway


Picture of the Day for 2/6/2012. My sister Paula and I spent the afternoon cleaning out the basement entryway. A less welcoming entryway was never to be found. Fortunately, guests are meant to enter the house through the front door upstairs. Paula and I commented that this is the first time we've heard sound echo in this room since normally it has been crammed full of stuff.

The best find during our excavation was my grandmother Merrill's photo album. I've only seen one picture of her younger than age 40 so it was nice to see her as a young woman with dark hair. My favorite picture is of her with my grandfather and all of her sons as young boys. She's holding the youngest one, Stanley, in her arms. Stanley died suddenly in 1931 as a toddler and I had never seen a picture of him until today. He was very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment