Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Speed Demon Shoes


Picture of the Day for 10/5/2011. I've had more than one friend talk about "barefoot" running which is quite trendy right now. The thinking is that padded running shoes force you to land on your heels which is very hard on your knees and joints. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy running shoes that simulate running barefoot (because actually running barefoot is out of the question- yuck). The shoes arrived in the mail today so I had to try them out right away. I ran for a whole 3.5 minutes on the treadmill tonight, up from the one minute I ran on Monday night. This is, of course, in addition to spending about an hour walking on the treadmill.

I get a kick out these shoes with the cheetah spot pattern. You can see me coming from a mile away they're so loud. I was startled when I took off the shoes and saw the cheetah face staring up at me from the sole. Didn't notice this when I put them on for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment