Sunday, October 2, 2011

Corn Muffin Incident


Picture of the Day for 10/2/2011. This is a follow-up discussion about my little dinner party I held for my girlfriends last night. I had an unfortunate corn muffin incident shortly before my guests arrived. I had made corn muffins and placed them in a ceramic bowl in preparation for placing them back in the oven to warm up a bit before serving them. I made the mistake of placing the bowl on top of an oven burner. I turned on what I thought was a different oven burner to boil some water, but I had accidentally turned on the burner beneath the bowl. Big mistake. The heat started a little fire and caused the ceramic bowl to crack and explode. One of the chunks landed on the kitchen floor tile and burned a hole into it. Oops.

I seem to have it in for the flooring in my house. When I first moved in a couple of years ago, I had an unfortunate toilet bowl cleaner incident. I accidentally knocked over the cleaner on the carpet outside the bathroom and it promptly ate a large hole in the carpet. I was surprised until I looked at the label on the bottle and discovered the main ingredient was acid. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. we had that happen here! gammer left a pyrex measuring cup in a pot of hot water (that's how she reheats her coffee) and it exploded and we have two small burns on the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete