Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Movie Stars' Homes Tour


Picture of the Day for 10/16/2011. I had a whole day to myself so I decided to do something completely new (for me) and tourist-y. I drove to Hollywood Blvd (which has to be the seediest place imaginable) and hopped on a tour bus to see the movie stars' homes. We saw the homes of celebrities from "old" Hollywood (Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, Lucille Ball, Elvis) and the residences of the newer stars (Quentin Tarantino, Jimmy Kimmel, James Franco, Katy Perry). The house pictured above was where Michael Jackson was living when he died. Our tour guide just happened to be driving a bus past the house when the ambulance arrived.

My tour ticket also included free admission to Madame Tussauds. I had never visited the wax museum before and found it to be completely fascinating. I wish I had more time to spend there. I took tons of pictures, but since I'm in nerdy space mode, I'll just post the one I took of William Shatner/Captain Kirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment