Saturday, January 23, 2016

Florida Chapter of the Mystery Writers of America-Monthly Meeting

Picture of the Day for January 23, 2016. For as much time as I spend in Florida, I have never managed to attend the monthly lunch meeting of the Florida Chapter of the Mystery Writers of America- until today. I've always wanted to attend because I have several friends in the organization from having attended their annual Sleuthfest conference for the past several years. 

Today's guest speaker was Charles Tood. He and his mother (Caroline) write novels set in post-World War 1 England and they are meticulously researched. The focus of Todd's speech today was the importance of researching the time and place where you write and he gave a lot of examples from their travels to England. I bought the first book in their Ian Rutledge series, A Test of Wills, and had Tood sign it afterward.  He could not have been more charming.


No comments:

Post a Comment