Friday, November 6, 2015

Multicultural Jewelry Day in Melbourne, Florida

Picture of the Day for 11/6/2015. I flew into the Melbourne airport and saw an ad for the Two Feathers Gallery in the historic downtown area. I decided to check it out before making my way to Orlando (my ultimate destination for the day) and was delighted to find these buffalo earrings. I love inlay work and I have a special affinity for buffalo ever since I worked in Yellowstone National Park in the early 1990s. I also do a great buffalo imitation (not many people can say that) if I have a headband on hand. That may have to be a future "picture of the day" for this blog. 

I also found myself in an Irish shop. The store had beautiful things, but I was just about to leave without buying anything when the owner mentioned she had Outlander rings. I love anything associated with the Outlander books so I asked her to tell me more. The sterling silver rings are made by a Scottish company called Hamilton & Young that produces jewelry based upon the books. She had me at the word "Outlander" so of course I had to buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment