Saturday, September 5, 2015

Cameo Collection

Picture of the Day for 9/5/2015. So, yeah. When I have a mundane day with little opportunity to take a picture of something interesting, I fall back on taking a picture of a new pair of shoes or a jewelry acquisition. I love collecting antique cameos and I bought this one at an antique store in Las Vegas. The store owner had detailed provenance information about this bracelet. It used to belong to a wealthy socialite from Colorado in the 19th century. I know it sounds like he was just making stuff up, but I believed him since he had such specific names and dates. The bracelet circumference is oversized since it was meant to fit over a ladies long sleeve and glove.  I researched the half-moon symbol on top of the woman's head and learned it represents the Roman goddess Diana. I love Greek/Roman mythology so that was a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment